Okay people.
You should know.
I get the SADS in the wintertime.
Yes, even here, in the area that everyone thinks is warm and sunny all year long, (California) which is a fallacy. This time of year nights hit the freezing temps (32F) and our days range between 40-60 degrees F, yes, that's not bad for winter, but it's also no fun. The sun sets by 5pm (which means I don't have time to hike after work) and even when it is out, the sun is weak and wussy. And I get pasty white and start to feel a bit like the pillsbury dough girl. Even my makeup stops matching my skin. That's when I know it's going to hit. Bad.
Today it hit. And I feel listless. And I just want to curl up in my crazy comfy down-covered bed and go to sleep for the rest of December. Or at least, that's what the SADS are telling me to do. What I REALLLLY crave is some daylight hiking time in the Northern California hills. It's been too long, my old friends. Winter keeps us apart!
SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder.
That's fancy talk for: Needs to move to the Caribbean to get more sunshine and outdoorsiness. STAT.
So you can probably guess that I'm not a winter-loving kinda girl. Give me the hot days in June, July, August, September and I'm a happy camper.
Do you get the SADS? What's your favorite time of year?
You should know.
I get the SADS in the wintertime.
Yes, even here, in the area that everyone thinks is warm and sunny all year long, (California) which is a fallacy. This time of year nights hit the freezing temps (32F) and our days range between 40-60 degrees F, yes, that's not bad for winter, but it's also no fun. The sun sets by 5pm (which means I don't have time to hike after work) and even when it is out, the sun is weak and wussy. And I get pasty white and start to feel a bit like the pillsbury dough girl. Even my makeup stops matching my skin. That's when I know it's going to hit. Bad.
Today it hit. And I feel listless. And I just want to curl up in my crazy comfy down-covered bed and go to sleep for the rest of December. Or at least, that's what the SADS are telling me to do. What I REALLLLY crave is some daylight hiking time in the Northern California hills. It's been too long, my old friends. Winter keeps us apart!
SAD = Seasonal Affective Disorder.
That's fancy talk for: Needs to move to the Caribbean to get more sunshine and outdoorsiness. STAT.
So you can probably guess that I'm not a winter-loving kinda girl. Give me the hot days in June, July, August, September and I'm a happy camper.
Do you get the SADS? What's your favorite time of year?
I think we have established I'm living in the wrong country. I'm cold ALL. Year. Round.
ReplyDeleteYou totally just read my mind. As I'm leaving the break room and on the long walk back to my desk (okay, it's not that long) I couldn't help but wish I could curl up in my down comforter with a good manuscript, published or not, and just forget the cold, cold world outside. Of course I live in Ohio so it's only going to get worse.
ReplyDelete