I spent some time with my too-cute-for-words nephew and my awesome Sister today. I love spending time with them. Though I have to admit, Master Q runs circles around both of us. At one point we both lay down in my living room while said too-cute-for-words Nephew ran circles around us, jumped all over us and sneak-attacked us with his blanket. We needed naps, and so did he, but he won't sleep anywhere but his bed or in the car.
So after Sister and I gave up on the idea of a nap, we dragged ourselves out to the car and piled in, headed for the magical kingdom of REI. (Have I told you that I LOOOOOVE that place? Well I do.)
Master Q was asleep before we'd driven the four blocks to the freeway. Out.Like.A.Light. Tounge hanging out of his mouth asleep.
Seriously adorable. See:
I could end the story there, but on the way to the magical kingdom of REI, a car stalled in front of us in a turning lane. It was a double turning lane, so Sister hopped over to go around and we ended up waiting at a Red, next to the stalled car. The man in the stalled car seemed a bit indecisive about what he ought to do. So the wheels in my head start spinning. My sister knows me well. She asked me in a kind of ominous tone: "What are you going to do?" "I'm going to help. Meet me in the Denny's parking lot." So I hopped out of Sister's car and told the man if he would push the car I'd steer it so we could clear the lane. We missed the first light, being too slow. Then I hopped out of the driver's seat to let the man try and start the car again (it's a manual, I don't do manuals). Well, the light turned green again and the man was still sitting in the driver's seat. So I started pushing the car while the guy steered... yah. Not what I'd intended. I'd gotten the car all the way out of the intersection and started up a small hill before a right turn into a parking lot and was running out of steam. Sister was waiting for me in the parking lot and when I passed her, pushing the car she looked at me with a crazy expression on her face. A moment later, two men came running up behind me. "Do you need some help?" they asked as they took over.
"Yeeeeeee-sss" I panted and wheezed. It's hard work running a car across a massive intersection and up a hill thank-you-very-much. "Thank you!" I managed to get out. And then I let them push the car the rest of the way up the hill into the parking lot.
Said Sister: "It was like watching a circus. SO FUNNY. You, this blonde chick, go running by, pushing a car. Then these two men came running up behind you trying to catch up, followed by their cars - a Corvette and a Hummer."
I guess there are some real men left in the world after all, eh? Too bad they weren't in the turning lane with the stalled out car in the first place. (They came from the opposite direction). But I'm happy I could help out.
Guess you just don't know how your day will ever turn out, do you?
So after Sister and I gave up on the idea of a nap, we dragged ourselves out to the car and piled in, headed for the magical kingdom of REI. (Have I told you that I LOOOOOVE that place? Well I do.)
Master Q was asleep before we'd driven the four blocks to the freeway. Out.Like.A.Light. Tounge hanging out of his mouth asleep.
Seriously adorable. See:
I could end the story there, but on the way to the magical kingdom of REI, a car stalled in front of us in a turning lane. It was a double turning lane, so Sister hopped over to go around and we ended up waiting at a Red, next to the stalled car. The man in the stalled car seemed a bit indecisive about what he ought to do. So the wheels in my head start spinning. My sister knows me well. She asked me in a kind of ominous tone: "What are you going to do?" "I'm going to help. Meet me in the Denny's parking lot." So I hopped out of Sister's car and told the man if he would push the car I'd steer it so we could clear the lane. We missed the first light, being too slow. Then I hopped out of the driver's seat to let the man try and start the car again (it's a manual, I don't do manuals). Well, the light turned green again and the man was still sitting in the driver's seat. So I started pushing the car while the guy steered... yah. Not what I'd intended. I'd gotten the car all the way out of the intersection and started up a small hill before a right turn into a parking lot and was running out of steam. Sister was waiting for me in the parking lot and when I passed her, pushing the car she looked at me with a crazy expression on her face. A moment later, two men came running up behind me. "Do you need some help?" they asked as they took over.
"Yeeeeeee-sss" I panted and wheezed. It's hard work running a car across a massive intersection and up a hill thank-you-very-much. "Thank you!" I managed to get out. And then I let them push the car the rest of the way up the hill into the parking lot.
Said Sister: "It was like watching a circus. SO FUNNY. You, this blonde chick, go running by, pushing a car. Then these two men came running up behind you trying to catch up, followed by their cars - a Corvette and a Hummer."
I guess there are some real men left in the world after all, eh? Too bad they weren't in the turning lane with the stalled out car in the first place. (They came from the opposite direction). But I'm happy I could help out.
Guess you just don't know how your day will ever turn out, do you?
That's awesome! I LOVE it!! That's my girl! ;) I love that you ended up pushing it. Lol!
ReplyDeleteYou're so great.