A while ago, while exploring my city, I happened apon a park called Lar Reiu. It was a large old homestead with a windmill and potting shed, chicken coop, etc on several acres.
I loved the place at once. Though I was surprised that in a city park the outer houses were accessible. There was broken glass in them and basically thy spelled a recipe for homeless squatters and a haven for black widow spiders. But the place was just so cool. With a little tlc it could have been spruced up and preserved. I hadnt been back to lar reiu in quite a while, maybe six months, when I decided to pop over one afternoon. I was shocked to find that this had happened to all of the outlying structures surrounding the house:

TRAGEDY!
Happily, the house still stands. But all of the windows have now been covered up with garrish plywood. How obnoxious!
Suffice it to say that, sadly, Lar Reiu has seen better days.
I loved the place at once. Though I was surprised that in a city park the outer houses were accessible. There was broken glass in them and basically thy spelled a recipe for homeless squatters and a haven for black widow spiders. But the place was just so cool. With a little tlc it could have been spruced up and preserved. I hadnt been back to lar reiu in quite a while, maybe six months, when I decided to pop over one afternoon. I was shocked to find that this had happened to all of the outlying structures surrounding the house:

TRAGEDY!
Happily, the house still stands. But all of the windows have now been covered up with garrish plywood. How obnoxious!
Suffice it to say that, sadly, Lar Reiu has seen better days.
No comments:
Post a Comment