On Tuesday I was chagrinned to find that the licence plate mount on the back of my Wrangler had given up the ghost. Well, more like flopped over like a dead fish. The entire thing was being held, flailingly, onto my car by the electric cables that supply the light over the plate with power. Flop, clunk. Flop, cluuuuunk clunk cluk thud! That's the type of noise I heard while driving yesterday.
Last night I was pulled over by a police officer for the first time in a VERRRY long time. I heard her say from the back of my car - You know you don't have a lic--- Oh, there it is. Your license plate is hanging off your car."
"Yes," I told her "Thank you ma'm. I have an appointment to have it fixed on Thursday morning."
"Okay, have a good evening." Said she.
Phew! Why are run-ins with police so stressful? Even when one knows the reason for the run-in and that it is pretty much a null issue. Not that I have run-ins with police. But geesh. The idea of maybe getting a fix-it ticket is stressful!
SO this morning I took my fish-flopping license plate (still attached to said jeep) to the mechanic, who told me I could pick it up (fixed) after 4pm. Done.
Walking to the BART commuter train after dropping off my ailing auto I saw a chipper gentleman sweeping the sidewalks and tending the landscape for a local establishment. I smiled at him and he responded "Good morning, how are you today, miss?"
"I'm well, thank you. How are you?" I returned.
He grinned and said "Oh, you know, I'm like an elevator."
"Up and down?" I laughed.
"Up and down, my sister, up and down!"
Aren't we all?
Last night I was pulled over by a police officer for the first time in a VERRRY long time. I heard her say from the back of my car - You know you don't have a lic--- Oh, there it is. Your license plate is hanging off your car."
"Yes," I told her "Thank you ma'm. I have an appointment to have it fixed on Thursday morning."
"Okay, have a good evening." Said she.
Phew! Why are run-ins with police so stressful? Even when one knows the reason for the run-in and that it is pretty much a null issue. Not that I have run-ins with police. But geesh. The idea of maybe getting a fix-it ticket is stressful!
SO this morning I took my fish-flopping license plate (still attached to said jeep) to the mechanic, who told me I could pick it up (fixed) after 4pm. Done.
Walking to the BART commuter train after dropping off my ailing auto I saw a chipper gentleman sweeping the sidewalks and tending the landscape for a local establishment. I smiled at him and he responded "Good morning, how are you today, miss?"
"I'm well, thank you. How are you?" I returned.
He grinned and said "Oh, you know, I'm like an elevator."
"Up and down?" I laughed.
"Up and down, my sister, up and down!"
Aren't we all?
No comments:
Post a Comment