It's been quiet in Downtown Oakland ever since the standoff with the
police that resulted in over two hundred arrests the weekend before
last. Well it had been quiet until yesterday.
There I was, just-a-mindin' my own business, working away at my computer when I heard the shouts outside my window and saw this:
Yup. More protests.
I'm not a so-called "1%-er". Not even close. I'm a 88.9%-er, in my estimation. Not part of the elite. Not part of the ten percent out of work due to circumstances beyond their control. I'm part of the 88.9 percent of the rest of the nation that go to work forty-plus hours a week to make a living for myself. I'm definitely NOT part of the .01 percent (actually probably much, much less than that) who are yelling, screaming, destroying city property, vandalizing private businesses, costing the working man and woman work days, and costing the cities/taxpayers hundreds upon thousands of dollars that we simply do not have to spare.
These people are the minority of the minority. They have discredited themselves and are now simply a group of terrorists on our streets causing mayhem, anger and confusion.
There I was, just-a-mindin' my own business, working away at my computer when I heard the shouts outside my window and saw this:
Yup. More protests.
I'm not a so-called "1%-er". Not even close. I'm a 88.9%-er, in my estimation. Not part of the elite. Not part of the ten percent out of work due to circumstances beyond their control. I'm part of the 88.9 percent of the rest of the nation that go to work forty-plus hours a week to make a living for myself. I'm definitely NOT part of the .01 percent (actually probably much, much less than that) who are yelling, screaming, destroying city property, vandalizing private businesses, costing the working man and woman work days, and costing the cities/taxpayers hundreds upon thousands of dollars that we simply do not have to spare.
These people are the minority of the minority. They have discredited themselves and are now simply a group of terrorists on our streets causing mayhem, anger and confusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment